The Arkansas Nuclear One site is located in Russellville, AR on Lake Dardanelle. It is 79 miles northwest of Little Rock, AR, 163 miles south of Springfield, MO and 264 miles east of Oklahoma City, OK.
The complex is administered by Entergy, and is home to two pressurized water reactors. ANO Unit 1 with an output of 836 MW began commercial operations December 19, 1974, followed in 1980 by Unit 2, which has an output of 987 MW.
Key Contact Information
BHI Site Manager: Don Forbush
Recruiter: Scott Davis
800-225-0385 X1291, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for choosing to work at the Arkansas Nuclear One Unit 2 Refueling Outage
- If you have shift preference, please email Don ASAP as schedules are already being developed. We will try to make accommodations but shift preferences are not guaranteed
Report Date and Time:
Please refer to the report date given to you by the BHI Recruiter.
At 0630 on your first day, REPORT to the Break Room on Level 1 of the training building to sign in with BHI Energy. In-processing and Training begins promptly at 07:00. Ensure you are on time for all training classes as the schedules are strictly adhered to.
BHI will be using Room 281 for staging and breaks.
Things to bring to ANO and some general information.
- IF you are travelling greater than 501 miles, you will be allowed $40.00 for meals and up to $200.00 for lodging (1 night). You must bring itemized receipts in to be reimbursed.
- Even though BHI is doing the PHQ’s, you will be required to fill one out for Entergy prior to your arrival. Please complete BOTH EPHQs as early as possible.
- Identification – You will need a valid photo ID. You will also need proper identification for completing an I-9 (i.e. photo ID and social security card or original birth certificate).
- ANO is not a member of PADS. Please come prepared with information you may need such as dose history, FFD, etc.
- You will need ANSI approved steel or composite toe shoes/boots.
- You are allowed here at ANO to come and go from the site with your personal scrubs on.
- If you have a BHI hardhat, please bring it with you.
- There is a cafeteria on site, but availability may be limited.
- You must have completed both the 2019 and 2020 Supplemental RP Technician Continuing Training Certifications.
- You must obey all Mandated COVID Site Specific Restrictions. Masks and social distancing must be observed at all times while on Entergy property. Do not come to work if you are experiencing any symptoms. Report any symptoms to Don Forbush.
- At this time there are no plans to test for COVID when arriving on site.
Please click on the links below to see the ENTERGYs COVID policies and the in-processing and site maps:
1448 AR-333, Russellville, AR 72802
Directions/Link to Google maps
Little Rock Clinton National (LIT) 87 miles
Preferred Places to Stay