Grand Gulf Nuclear Station is Mississippi’s sole nuclear power plant. It is located in Port Gibson, MS near the MS/LA state line. It is 33 miles south of Vicksburg, MS, 50 miiles northeast of Natchez, MS and 64 miles southwest of Jackson, MS.
The site is owned and operated by System Energy Resources (90%) and Cooperative Energy (10%), and is part of Entergy Nuclear. The unit has total output of 1,443 MW, making it one of the largest single-unit nuclear plants in the world.
Key Contact information
BHI Site Manager: Don Forbush
Recruiter: Scott Davis
800-225-0385 x 1291; firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for choosing to work at the Grand Gulf Spring 2022 Refueling Outage (R23)
- The outage is scheduled to begin February 26th and scheduled approximately 58 days.
- Prior to the outage working hours are four tens (40 hours per week) overtime on as needed basis.
- We should roll to outage shifts the week of 02/21. During the outage working hours are six twelves’ (72 hours per week).
- Reduction In Force is scheduled to begin on March 27th
- If you have shift preference, please email Don ASAP as schedules are already being developed. We will try to make accommodations but shift preferences are not guaranteed
Report Date and Time:
Please refer to the report date given to you by the BHI Recruiter.
At 0630 on your first day, REPORT to the BHI Staging Area (see attached map) on the main floor of the training building to sign in with BHI Energy. In-processing and Training begins promptly at 07:00. Ensure you are on time for all training classes as the schedules are strictly adhered to.
Things to bring to ANO and some general information.
- IF you are travelling greater than 501 miles, you will be allowed $40.00 for meals and up to $200.00 for lodging (1 night). You must bring itemized receipts to be reimbursed.
- Even though BHI is doing the PHQ’s, you will be required to fill one out for Entergy as well prior to your arrival. Please complete BOTH EPHQs as early as possible.
- Identification – You will need a valid photo ID. You will also need proper identification for completing an I-9 (i.e. photo ID and social security card or original birth certificate).
- ENTERGY is not a member of PADS. Please come prepared with information you may need such as dose history, FFD, etc.
- You will need ANSI approved steel or composite toe shoes/boots.
- You are allowed here at Grand Gulf to come and go from the site with your personal scrubs on.
- If you have a BHI hardhat, please bring it with you.
- There is a cafeteria on site, but availability may be limited.
- You must have completed both the 2019, 2020 & 2021 Supplemental RP Technician Continuing Training Certifications.
- You must obey all Mandated COVID Site Specific Restrictions. Masks must be worn and social distancing must be observed at all times while on Entergy property. Do not come to work if you are experiencing any symptoms. Report any symptoms to Don Forbush.
Please click on the links below to see an ENTERGYs COVID policies and In-processing and site Maps
7003 Bald Hill Rd, Port Gibson, MS 39150
Directions and Link to Google Maps
Jackson-Medgar Wiley Evers International Airport (JAN) 73 miles
Preferred Places to Stay